Artist Application Deadline
September 5, 2018
** No artist will be turned away -- as long as there are still open spaces available to register for AND their proposed submission is approved by our event coordinator as appropriate for viewing by the general public. Artists who register by the deadline will be given first priority, however. Thank you for your cooperation. **
Thank you for your interest in participating in our event! Our event could not take place without you!
8'X8' SPACE | 8'X12' SPACE
All Featured Artists will receive with their registration:
- (1) Space (8'x8' or 8'x12')
- (1) Set of 48-count pastels
Featured Artists will also receive snacks and beverages on Saturday & Sunday.
- All artists must be able to commit to the two day event on September 15 & 16, 2018
- Artist working hours (but not limited to) are: Saturday @ 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Sunday @ 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Participation is on a volunteer basis only
- Artwork must be appropriate for all viewers -- family friendly
- No nudity or political statements will be allowed or accepted
- Artwork will contain no words or symbols intended as advertising or promotion
- No writing of anything is allowed outside your square. The festival will provide and install an information poster stating your name, location/nationality, title of artwork and sponsor name
- The entire artist space must be utilized, there should be no pavement showing in your square except where it is a part of the artwork
- Artist must complete their assigned square by 4:00 p.m. (CST) on Sunday, September 16th
- Only non-toxic soft pastels may be used. Use of any other material is strictly forbidden (i.e. oil pastels, acrylic, gouache, markers, etc.)
- Artist's will need to submit (with their registration) a sketch of what you would like to create during the chalk event by September 5th, 2018.
- No artist will be turned away (even after the deadline) -- as long as there are still open spaces available to register for AND their proposed submission is approved by our event coordinator as appropriate for viewing by the general public. Artists who register by the deadline will be given first priority