2018 SPRING ELECTION INFORMATION
State of Wisconsin - 2018 Spring Election Info
Town of Somerset Board - Candidate Info
-- Two (2) Town Board seats are open; 2 incumbents & 2 new candidates vying for both seats --
TO VIEW BILL'S ANSWERS
Candidate Questions - Town Board
We're sorry the questions are not audible. For reference, here are the questions asked of each town board candidate:
1. Would you please tell us a little bit about yourself and why you're running?
2. Have you ever held any public office previously? or Do you have any previous experience with community development and civic engagement?
3. What experience, if any, do you have with overseeing large budgets?
4. Sometimes we ask candidates questions that are divisive in nature so this is sort of a two-pronged question...What do you feel sets you apart from the other board candidates? AND What do you feel you have in common that might enable you to work with current board members in a really good way?
5. In your opinion, what are some things that the board does already or could do to earn and keep the community's trust? (question submitted by Town of Somerset citizens)
6. Which projects or future projects are you in favor of or against with regard to infrastructure, upgraded buildings, and services provided for this millennium...and...what top three things would you like to see the Town Board accomplish while you're in office, should you be elected? (question submitted by Town of Somerset citizens)
7. As a whole, as the Somerset community continues to grow, what roles & responsibilities do you feel the Town Board should play in creating and building on that "smart growth"?
8. If elected what do you feel your top 3 priorities would be?
9. Do you have any last words or thoughts you'd like the taxpayers to know?
Village of Somerset Board - Candidate Info
-- Four (4) Village Board seats are open; 3 running unopposed, 1 vacant --
no candidate submitted
Somerset School Board - Candidate Info
Candidate Questions - SCHOOL Board
We're sorry the questions are not audible. For reference, here are the questions asked of each school board candidate:
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself & why you're running.
2. What part of the School Board's Strategic Plan do you feel is the most important part to focus on over the next 2-3 years?
3. Are there any policy changes you'd like to see made during your time on the board should you be elected and what part do you feel you would play in that?
4. As the community continues to grow what roles and responsibilities do you feel the school and subsequently the School Board should play in that growth?
5. What are the first three things you would like the School Board to accomplish while you're in office if elected?
6. Do you have any last words or thoughts that you would like the taxpayers to know?
(Above) Somerset School Board Primary Candidate Forum (2.8.2018)