A Somerset Chamber of Commerce Leadership Initiative
What is Bridging Somerset?
Bridging Somerset is a leadership initiative coordinated and sponsored by the Somerset Chamber of Commerce; bringing together board members and elected officials from the Town of Somerset, Village of Somerset, School District of Somerset and the Somerset Chamber of Commerce to collaborate and create a coordinated community strategic plan for the growth and development of the Somerset area community.
This is a working group/committee with no formal leadership other than the coordinated efforts of all parties through the Somerset Chamber of Commerce.
We are currently in Phase 2 of the process and will keep the public updated via this webpage on our progress.
During Phase 3 & 4 the Somerset Chamber of Commerce will be collaborating with the Somerset Community Foundation to organize, plan and execute community listening sessions through the "Rivers & Roads" committee (a Somerset Community Foundation initiative) in Fall 2017 & Spring 2018.
"Working together for smart growth, building Somerset as an outstanding community for families, businesses & visitors."
1. WE WILL BE THE RESOURCE CENTER FOR THE SOMERSET AREA COMMUNITY.
WE WILL... collaborate with other organizations and entities to provide information.
WE WILL... use all forms of communication to share information and resources.
WE WILL... rebrand and develop a consistent, clear identity for our community.
WE WILL... create an awareness of things that are happening in Somerset and surrounding communities.
WE WILL... use all avenues to engage and involve the community in a two-way interaction.
WE WILL... collaborate with other groups to create a specific marketing strategy for the community.
2. WE WILL PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES TO ENGAGE THE COMMUNITY IN A VARIETY OF WAYS FOR EVERYONE.
a) continue to develop and execute community events that connect and engage people of all ages and abilities. (Bingo, Disc Golf-rent discs from COC, community tubing day, Kayaking/canoeing, walking/running club, sledding, etc.)
b) liaisons to various boards
c) create a group list of local organizations and groups (chamber has already started...)
d) create a magnet with "helpful numbers" as well as deals from local chamber businesses - this will have the chamber website listed
- diversify all packets (NR, Tourism, School, etc.) --> create new community info magnet
- create "bridging Somerset" postcard to send to all mailboxes to engage Residents in Phase 3&4 community meetings
- engage church and congregation leaders (church newsletters or bulletins) --> outreach, put on chamber of commerce website
- volunteer opportunities / Bingo / events like ASF & Movies / Community Tubing / kayaking/Canoeing
- "fam" tours with WI Tourism Dpt. --> Beckah already working with Julie Fox
3. WE WILL COLLABORATE WITH MUNICIPALITIES AND CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS.
a) we will be the champions for showing support of our elected officials and advocate for better attendance and involvement at various meetings
b) continue to show leadership as the Bridging Somerset Group evolves
c) continue to promote various organizations and groups through the community calendar and Facebook
d) we will help promote local business growth
- promote other organizations thru the Chamber of Commerce website, Facebook and other media pages
- job postings
- community watch page
- community listening sessions
- bridging Somerset group
- show support and provide leadership in the community by coordinating various initiatives between different entities